Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Tuesdays with Dorie Rewind: Whole Wheat Loaves

I wasn't going to make anything for the rewind, but waking up post-storm in a chilly house I was itching to crank up the oven (and the power was back on!).  I decided to make the whole wheat bread since I have tons of soup left over that I think it'll pair great with.


I was really happy with this bread.  I didn't have the malt extract, and didn't sub in anything but it didn't seem to matter.  The BF, who is not a bread person, liked it as well, but asked that next time the crust be a little softer :) 


You can find the recipe on the blog The Family That Bakes Together...

Our next recipe is Buttermilk Crumb Muffins...stay tuned!

2 comments:

  1. ooo.. turned out so good!! for a sofetr crust...what i do is that ten minutes before I am to take out the bread.. I brush it with some milk!! try it the next time!!

    ReplyDelete